Re-Blocking




Sometimes when you are presenting a block, it falls short of being all you've hoped it would be.... 

This just happened to me for Geometry.  The kids were really not feeling the joy of geometry so what did I do?

Firstly, don't start blaming myself or feeling guilty.  

When this sort of thing occurs around here I just drop it.

Stop.  The kids explore and play.....

I then reread or listen over and over to Rudolf Steiner's work about that topic for the rest of the week(s).  I do that by doing a search with the topic I need like Geometry and tell it to search by keyword.  The lecture with that topic in it will come up.  I think it is important to read and then rest on it like you do for the children and then the next day reread (recall) or listen and work with it.  I also think that what he says needs to be meditated on over and over so that you can get a sense of what should be done in your own situation before you move into action.

So the next step is to rewrite my plans once I have a positive feeling about the block again.

I have found the website Over In The Meadow invaluable to me for finding free books and resources for a block.  As well as, The Child Is The Curriculum on instagram and Pepper and Pine and her Youtube channel.

Comments

Popular Posts